Meet the newest member of our team!
Rob Tyson was kind enough to answer a few questions for us below. Feel free to drop him an email with any enquiries or pop in to say hi!
- What is your history in the distilling industry? I first started out working behind the bar for Lark Distillery when I was in University, which is where my love of whisky and gin really began. After a few years away from the industry I joined Lark again in 2010 and spent the next ten years working across the business in a variety of roles across cellar door, tours, and production.
- What are you most excited about in your new position at Old Kempton Distillery? I am really excited to be joining the OKD team at what I think is a really exciting time for the distillery – we have the new still house nearing completion which will help us write the next chapter for OKD and allow us to continue to build on the already amazing range of spirits being produced here.
- What is your all time favourite whisky and why? My all time favourite would have to be Highland Park 18yo – with special mentions going to Heartwood Vat out of Hell and SMWS 119:14 (Raspberry Imperial Stout).
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Anything around the ocean – swimming, diving, fishing…. also gardening and hanging out with friends.
- What is your favourite cocktail and how do you make it? Whisky sour – the perfect one must be made by someone else…..
- If you could have any super power what would it be and why? The ability to know the complete history of a cask at a single glance……